Hendrickson AR2 Suspension
AR2™ delivers a better ride, longer life, and lighter weight for more payload capacity, improved durability for less downtime, high articulation capabilities for on/off road applications and designed and manufactured components that deliver more comfort and even better system performance. AR2 suspension has over 5 years of proven performance in the global vocational markets.
Designed for all highway, server service and off-road trucks!
(Hendrickson Leaf Spring 46K lb Suspension) (Hendrickson AR2 Air Bag Suspension)
- The Hendrickson AR2 gives you a better ride and improved suspension performance by converting your RT/RTE suspension into a walking beam air suspension.
- The air spring system in AR2 absorbs the load and road inputs — delivering the preferred combination of empty-ride and loaded stability for vocational applications.
- Hendrickson-designed air springs constantly adjust to changing road and load conditions to deliver superior ride quality.
- Improved ride reduces road shock and vibration to the vehicle for longer service life and fewer repairs to the cab, chassis and body equipment.
- Air springs provide long service life and easy replacement.
- Bar pin rubber end bushing extends service life and provides alignment capability.
- Hendrickson parts and service available at thousands of locations worldwide.
- Comprehensive technical support.
|CONVERSION KIT1||COMPLETE ASSEMBLY|
|Model||AR2 400||AR2 460||AR2 400||AR2 460|
|Intalled Weight 2||647 LBS.||652 LBS.||1,140 LBS.||1,145 LBS.|
|Suspension Rating||40,000 LBS.||46,000 LBS.||40,000 LBS.||46,000 LBS.|
|GVW Approval 3||60,000 LBS.||66,000 LBS.||60,000 LBS.||66,000 LBS.|
|145,000 LBS.||160,000 LBS.||145,000 LBS.||160,000 LBS.|
|Site Travel Rating 4||46,000 LBS.||50,000 LBS.||46,000 LBS.||50,000 LBS.|
|Diagonal Articulation 5||15 inches||15 inches||15 inches||15 inches|
|Ride Heights||9.5″, 10.5″||9.5″, 10.5″||9.5″, 10.5″||9.5″, 10.5″|
|Axle Spacing||52″, 54″||52″, 54″||52″, 54″||52″, 54″|
|Lift Axles||See Below7||See Below8||See Below7||See Below8|
AR2 is approved6 for vocational truck applications such as dump under 18 feet, crane/boom and platform applications. Contact Hendrickson for approval of additional applications.
1.Conversion kit center bushing — if existing RT/RTE suspension includes bronze center bushings, they must be replaced with rubber center bushings. Bronze center bushings are incompatible with transverse torque rods.
2.Complete kit installed weight includes — torque rods, axle brackets and frame brackets.
Complete suspension installed weight includes — equalizing beam assembly, cross tube, torque
rods, axle brackets and frame brackets.
3.Contact Hendrickson for applications that may exceed GVW approval ratings.
4.Site Travel Rating — Ratings are limited to no more than 5% of vehicle operation at speed not to exceed 5 mph. Site travel ratings are consistent with published axle manufacturer’s limitations. Axle and suspension site travel specifications must not be exceeded.
5.Suspension articulation may exceed vehicle’s capability and may be limited by vehicle manufacturer; vehicle manufacturer installed axle stops may restrict suspension’s articulation.
6.AR2 is approved for vehicles equipped with aluminum beams up to a 38K maximum capacity.
7.No add-on lift axles
Use our Contact Form to find out if a Hendrickson AR2 Air Bag Suspension is available for your truck.